Honeymoon Hotspot: Huvafen Fushi, Maldives

8/25/10

I mean, really?

I initially stumbled across some photos of the Maldives and fell in love. The color of the water is what drew me in at first. I have never seen water like this. And then to top it off- your going to put me in a hut with my own private hot tub and or pool with stairs leading directly into the water? Where do I sign and how do I get there?



Here a little background. The Maldives lies in two rows of atolls in the Indian Ocean, just across the equator. The weather is usually picture perfect and the temperature hardly ever changes. But, Maldives has two distinct seasons; dry season (northeast monsoon) and wet season (southwest monsoon), with the former extending from January to March and the latter from mid-May to November. The average temperature is about 30 degrees Celsius (86 degrees Fahrenheit aka pure bliss). The Maldivian currency is the Rufiyaa. One Rufiyaa is 100 Laari and is available in 500, 100, 50, 20, 10 and 5 Rufiyaa notes. One US Dollar is equivalent to is Rufiyaa 12.85. {Info found here}


This photo found here

Here is the scoop on Huvafen Fushi. There are six different types of room here- my favorites being either the Lagoon or Ocean Bungalow (duh). The two rooms range from about $1300- $5300 USD per night depending on what time of year you plan on going. And you'd probably be able to catch me at anyone of their ocean side restaurants or bars. Or maybe at their underwater spa. Or maybe on their Dolphin Cruise. I could on and on. You just need to check this place out for yourselves. It is truly unbelievable.


No comments:

Post a Comment